Thursday, May 3, 2012

April 23, 2012

So of course as it is obvious, I have a new companion! His name is Elder Alexandre and he is from Joao Pessoa, the north of Brasil. Its kind of crazy but we have the exact same time on the mission. He just has one more transfer in the field than me because Brasilians don't stay in the MTC as long as Americans. I have also become the senior companion which is really weird when you have a companion that arrived and will leave on the same day as you for the mission. But htings are going good and we're both learning from each other. Its weird being the one who knows the area and has to show the other around and all that stuff but its a good experience. My companion also is a little older than the "normal" missionary age. He's 25. He's a twin. And he has sleeping problems and can go days without sleeping and is totally fine, usually he sleeps for about 2 hours a night he said. He also is a crazy sick artist and was working with that before the mission making big time money. He already told me some of the pieces hes done and its crazy. Hes gonna make me scripture cases and he just does all sorts of art stuff, super cool.
But besides that it was really weird to see elders go home that I actually knew weel this last week. My first and second companion both went home and now have been home for like 5 days, how does time pass that quickly, I'm not really sure. But it happens. Elder Vieira was an amazing companion and I learned a ton from him, now I'll learn from Elder Alexandre. Oh and now in my district one of the Elders is training a new elder from New York!! Woohooo. We're the only 2 in this mission from New York so it's pretty sweet. But he's from down in the actualy city so we know no one that knows the other. I don't even know if that makes sense. English is getting tougher and its harder to remember how the grammar is. But I guess that is a good thing. Now I just have to get rid of the little American accent that I have and I'm set.
The area is going well and we have quite a few people preparing for baptism, but nothing marked for certain right now. One guy that we are teaching is so awesome. He talks about the BOM like he knows it back to front already, its so crazy, and now hes reading the Doctrine and Covenants as well and talks about that stuff with us as well. The other day he told us after hes baptized we could eat lunch at his house. So now the only question is when will he be baptized.
I can't really think about anything else at this moment. Days are just going by quickly, including studying, teaching, and sleeping. They all just roll into one. However today we played soccer. Man Brasilians are a lot better than Americans. But I think I'm improving a little bit, who knows maybe I'll be decent instead of horrible by the end of 2 years.
Eu Te Amo!
Elder Gleason
P.S. 2 Nephi 1:23 and D&C 27:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment