Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 2, 2012

Well this week and a half has passed by with almost nothing new. Although today, Wednesday, was p-day this week because we went to the temple this morning. It was fantastic, first time in 6 months, the last time I was there was the last time in the MTC. So its been quite a while. It was great though because Elder Vincent and Horrocks were there as well. The only bad thing is that it took up our entire p-day. We came back to our area and now I'm using the 1 hour for email and then my p-day is finished.
Let's see, well my companion was sick for about 3 or 4 days completely so all we did was go to lunch and then back to our house for the entire day. I have no idea how missionaries can stay at home the entire day. It stinks, theres nothing to do. And after a day or 2, studying gets a little difficult to focus haha. It made me realize how much I love doing something and especially teaching the gospel. The hardest thing for me though until now is doing contacts in the street and just stopping random people and talking to them. But I'm getting better at it and more comfortable. I figure why not, I'll never see these people again I might as well help them know the truth and receive salvation. Unfortunately though this week almost all of the people we were teaching have stopped. We had a few people tell us they didn't want any more and some others have just fallen off the earth it seems. It is the worst feeling to hear that to your face after you have done everything to help that person. Studied, walked a ton, prayed, everything and then they don't want anything more to do with it. But everybody has their free agency.
Well thats about it for this past week from the big main stuff. So I'll send a few more pictures home than usual. If the computer isn't too slow. Some pictures are a little bit old but yeah.
Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason
P.S. 1 Nephi 21:15-16, Proverbs 22:6 and 2 Nephi 4:34-35

No comments:

Post a Comment