Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 21, 2012

Well another week passes. Tonight we will find out about transfers if anything will happen, and since we're here way early in the day you guys won't find out until next week what happened. I don't want to sound like a jerk but I'm hoping that something changes with something here. Elder Alexandre is a great guy but it has been a really tough 5 weeks for me. I wouldn't mind changing areas, I love this area but after a few months of walking the same exact streets it gets a little like the same thing everyday. But whatever happens with transfers is what is needed from the Lord and I will accept with an open heart and work hard in whatever situation.
This week nothing too big really happend, it was just another week on the mission. We had a ton of families and addresses to go by this week from all the contacts that I've been doing but nothing came of it. I don't even know how many addresses that we got that were false. It was a pretty big downer on me. I just want to help these people and their families receive more blessings but they just give us the wrong addresses. Why don't they just say they don't want anything, it would be a whole lot easier on us. But its all good, still working hard trying to find other addresses and other families that will accept us.
However, one of our investigators received an answer that the Book of Mormon is true and is actually really excited about everything and liking going to church and all the women that are there and all that stuff. So we do have a bright spot in all this haha. Hopefully within the next couple weeks she will be baptized.
At the same time, one of the other families that we had been teaching, the wife and daughter told another member of the church that they WANT to be baptized, but the husband told the wife that if she was baptized he would leave her. GAHHH I was so angry when the member was telling me all about it. The gospel is true for everybody not just a few select people, all we have to do is search for the truth. Its not that hard!
Well thats about it for this week, my companion is finishing up my Bible scripture case today and then my Miami Heat sculpture of wood so next week I'll send the pictures home of them.
Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason
P.S. 2 Nephi 29:7-9, 12 and Deuteronomy 32:4

No comments:

Post a Comment