Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 7, 2012

Well almost nothing has happened in these past few days. My companion has still been sick for a few of the days so we just stayed in our house even more. It has really started to get annoying, at the beginning of the mission I was wanted something like this to hapen so that I could study more and learn. But now at this point of the mission it is super annoying, I've already studied so much and after a while it gets tough no matter how much you love learning from the scriptures and stuff. After a few days of hours of studying its almost the same thing as death itself. I didn't even know what else to do. And it has helped me pack on some weight again so not something I'm liking there either haha.
Also, this past week I have had some troubles with my left leg and its weird because no one has any idea what it is. I have been to a free clinic (which take forever in Brasil, I spent an entire day just waiting to hear that they didn't know what it was) then today I went to a more specialized clinic and the doctor there didn't know what it was either so now I have to schedule with an even more specialized place haha. But don't worry everything is all good (Mom) it'll all get worked out and I'll be fine. It just hurts a little when I walk. But within the next few days I'll get it all figured out.
And now for the best part about the end of this week. SKYPE! How did the time from Christmas already get to here where we're doing it again I have no idea. But I get to see the fam again on Sunday. So sickkkk. So pumped to see how that beard has gotten in these past 5 months. But so I already talked to a family here and they are going to download skype for me and it'll probably be 5 oclock here in Brasil time. But on Sunday morning before I go to church I'll call again and double check with you guys. Because on Saturday we have lunch with that family and I'll get it all settled out again with them and how it'll all go down. Hopefully this time won't have any problems with the microphone and we can just talk normally without any problems.
Also this past week since Wednesday. I did a division with a new American on the mission whos from Vegas, Elder Riggin. He is super sweet and we're basically the same people just that he was a super stud high school football quarterback. His coach told him if he was a little taller that colleges like USC, Oregon, and all those places would be putting offers on the table. How crazy is that?! But so we did a division and it was a nice day to relax from all the Portuguese all the time and have somebody to talk to about USA stuff haha. Especially sports. He explained some stuff about the nba. Man do I miss it....
Anywho, thats about all thats happened, things are going good and hopefully my companion and I will be better health wise this week to put in some more work. I really just want to find more families to teach but with a sick companion it doesn't work out so wekk.
Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason
P.S. John 5:39 and 2 Nephi 33:10 (sorry if I start repeating any that I've already put, its hard to remember)
P.P.S. Letters are really starting to slack people, pick it upppp

No comments:

Post a Comment