Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16, 2012

So today is Elder Vieira's last pday on the mission. This Wednesday I will have a new companion, I'm still not sure who it is yet but I will for sure have somebody else this I do know haha. It has been an extremely fast and amazing 6 weeks. It stinks that I only was able to have him as a companion for 6 weeks and not any longer, but everything has its purpose. I have learned a ton from him and he really has helped me to teach a lot better and just be an overall better missionary in a lot of aspects. For the first while I was kind of just floating around and it wasn't a big deal that I was baptizing. But from talking with him and seeing the thoughts at the end of the mission I see just how important it really is to help people come unto baptism. It is the key to the door into heaven. And there only exists one key, not that that means every baptism is the same key, thats not how it works. The true and only baptism or key is on the earth today with the power of God, or the Priesthood that was restored to the Earth through Joseph Smith. We can't take a plane to Japan and get to France. Just like we can't just take whatever path, whatever doctrine and get to God's Kingdom. There exists one true path on Earth today that will get us into God's Kingdom. There exists one true path on Earth today that will get us into God's Kingdom. And it is through the power and authority of the Priesthood.
This week has been a tough one with lots of challenges in our paths, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We have learned how to face the challenges and do the best we can to confront them. I look forward to continuing to face challenges throughout the rest of my life. Life's not easy or fair and never will be. But we can learn from our experiences and become better people everyday. But we can learn from our experiences and become better people everyday. I think and hope that I'm becoming a better person and a better member of God's true church on the Earth. I'm working hard and doing my best to bring the gospel to the most people that I can, this is a "great and a marvelous work" (D&C 4) and it will never stop. We need to do the best we can to bring it to the most people we can. The mission is just a small 2 years of my life and will not be the end of helping others. It's weird to see and be with someone who is finishing their mission. I don't look forward to it, having to say "this is the last time..." it can't be a good feeling. I don't even want to imagine it, but its tough when its right with you. I see Elder Vieira packing his bags and having his last Sunday in church and its sad. Its too great being a missionary and serving the Lord. But everything has its purpose. God is over everything, nothing happens without His knowledge.
Eu Te Amo!
Elder Gleason
P.S. D&C 101:8 and 1 Nephi 15:11

No comments:

Post a Comment