Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012

Wow, I had wanted to write and another week passes and then I saw that I started the last email off the same exact way haha. But seriously time is just flying by. This week was even faster because 4 of our days were taken up by other stuff. Pday by pizza. Tuesday by a fireside from Elder Jenson from the presidency of the 70, and Saturday and Sunday my companion has been pretty sick so I spent a ton of time just studying and lamenating my preach my gospels haha. But so yeah I had a lot of extra study time this week.
But there is one story that I forgot to tell last week because that is when it actually happened. But we were having a lot of things fall and had to move our plans all around and ended up at a recent converts house a little earlier than we planned. While we were there the president of the Young Mens and Young Womens showed up to invite the girls to a dance and then asked us to invite a couple of the investigators that we had to go to also. So after we left the house we went by the investigators house but she wasn't home and we talked with her sister for a little bit. As we were going back up the street there was a guy on a motorcycle coming down the street and he stopped us and talked to us. He had been baptized in another state of Brasil but was inactive for quite some time but was wanting to come back to church. We left him the address of the church and what the hours were and all that stuff, and then on Sunday he was there at church. While it may just seem like a dumb little story of coincidnece, it trully strengthened my testimony of how much our Heavenly Father loves each of us individually. All it would have taken is one other thing to have happened or for our plans to have been completed the way we had them and we never would have saw him. But instead everything worked out perfectly in the Lord's plan and we were put in the place we needed to be to help this man come back to church. We have experiences like this almost weekly and everytime it trully strengthens my knowledge of how much God loves us. He doesn't want to leave any child behind and he is always looking out for us.
The other thing I really wanted to talk about this week is how much the gospel and the church trully changes the lives of people for the better. I don't even need to look any further than my good ol pops. Everybody basically knows his story because he loves to tell it ;) but it is an amazing story. Because of the church his life has trully been turned around for the better and I can see the changes in his life and how he talks to me everytime I get a letter or email. And it is all because of the gospel. The gospel is not just some good thing we have in our lives. The gospel of Jesus Christ helps us to become thee very best person we can become. Only through the gospel and the true church of Christ can we become the best possible person we can. This is the message I am bringing to the people here in Brasil. A lot of people think that this is just some good thing that we are bring forth the Word of God. And we always hear "I have my church and my faith in God, go help those who don't have it." I'm not just here to help those who have no faith or have no foundation in a church. I am bringing forth thee one true church to everyone. Everyone in the world will benefit from the Gospel and church of Christ and only through them can we receive all the blessings that God is waiting to give to us. Of course he will bless everyone, but only when we are following His Church and being obedient can we receive all the blessings he has for us.
To those who are reading this and aren't members of the church and have yet to test it out or visit the church. I am extending the invite right now that every member wants to send but sometimes has fear of ruining a relationship. I am giving each and every one of you an invite to go to our church and talk with the missionaries and trully put the gospel to the test. I know without a doubt it will be the best decision you ever make in your life. I'm not just saying this because I 'm a missionary or a fanatic about the church. But because I trully love the gospel, and have recieved my own personal answers to my prayers and I want everyone to be able to have the blessing of the gospel in their lives. So once more I invite whoever is reading this to test it out, go to church, talk to the missionaries, whatever. You will never regret it.
Eu te Amo!
Elder Gleason
P.S. Alma 31:5 and 2 Nephi 33:1

No comments:

Post a Comment