Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16, 2012

Hello again from good ol' Brasil!
Well this last week has been a good one, it was a little bit slow but then at the same time was fast, doesn't make much sense. But unfortunately a lot of things have been falling that we mark buttttt we did find some really great people that we're teaching now, so things are going good. Its crazy to think my 3 months of training are already almost over, this is my last full week of my 2nd transfer already (every 6 weeks). So next Monday night we will find out what happens, and most likely one of us will be transferred because we've already been in a companionship for 3 months now. Oh and I haven't gotten any letters from the office in the last 2 weeks or so just because nobody has gone there or come here, so next Wednesday the 25th I will probably and hopefully have a huge stack of letters. So it will take me some time to respond to whoever I have letters for. I feel bad sometimes because everytime somebody brings our zone letters I always have a good amount and nobody else really does. Like a couple weeks ago I got 9 one day after one week without and then the very next day after the 9 I got 3 more haha. But KEEP it up!!!! I love hearing from everybody, it really helps me out. Also last Monday I bought McFlurrys for me and E. Williams for my birthday and they were fantastic, fast food doesn't really exist here and mcdonalds is like a delicacy haha. And the other day I ate fish for the first time in my life and it actually wasn't too bad, there was a tonnn of bones though so that made it difficult. I have definately already eaten a tond of different foods that I never ate before, nothing crazy but all the normal stuff that people eat that I never did.
Oh and this week it has rained and rained and rained. One day we were out in the rain and we figured we were already a little wet so ehh who cares lets go by some old people we haven't talked to in awhile. And then it started downpouring. We were soaked beyond soaked and it was cold. If i had a bar of soap I would have been set, and in the highest pressurized shower I've ever taken haha.
Yesterday we had lunch at a members house and there was a few birthdays in the ward this week so it was huge. I think there was like 7 families there and just a ton of food and bbq and everything it was awesome. The food was good and the company was even better. Its nice when you can actually understand what people are talking about. Although when theres like 6 people talking to you in portuguese at the same time its a little more difficult to understand it all. So i was definately lost for some of it. But there was one mom there who said that i didn't have an American accent like E Williams does, that was kinda cool. After 5 months I sould more like a Brazilian then he does haha. Also, I showed them all the picture of "The Beard" from skyping on Christmas and everybody loved it and chipped in comments of who it looked like and all that. One of the Brothers in the ward said you should die it and shave it to look like Bin Laden. I personally found that a little weird but yeah. And another said that you've already out beat Brigham Young status haha. So keep it up Pops, all the Brazillians love it, and of course I do. The thing is a beast.
Lastly to bring it back to a somewhat spiritual email to help everyone grow and learn from my experiences I have a couple quotes that I've found from the Liahonas which I have been reading like crazy lately. There's so many church books and magazines and obviously scriptures that I want to read but theres ust not enough time in the day. But I found a couple really good quotes that I wanted to share today.
"God gave us memory so that we can have roses in December."
"When somone gives another person a flower, the fragrance of the flower lingers on the hands of the giver."
They're a little bit corny with a flower kind of theme and don't think I'm going soft or anything, but they're some really powerful quotes. Especially the first one, our memory is an amazing gift and we need to store up the good things from our livies and store up the feelings that we've had from the gospel, and of course our testimonies.
Eu Te Amo!!
Elder Gleason
And of course my scriptures from the week.
Msh 4:11-12 and D&C 58: 26-28

No comments:

Post a Comment