Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 9, 2012

Well I am officially 20 years old now, and I have been for almost a week now, pretty weird to think about. Having a birthday anywhere but home is strange but the people here really made me feel at home. On Monday the day before my birthday we had a Family Home Evening at one of the members house here and she invited a ton of other members there, I think there was about 15 people there. And she made me a big old cake and they sang and all that stuff. That was the night I trully came to realize just how much I love Brasil and the people here. They are so amazing, I can't say there are people I've jmet that I haven't been the happiest with but overall the people here are so much more open and nicer than the US. Yeah they'll throw down the gospel after we talk to them about it, but they do listen and are super nice about it. They always talk about how beautiful our work is here and stuff like that. I love Brasil. But then the next day my actual birthday we had a district meeting and 2 of the Sisters that are out in Boituva now also made me a cake, and my companion made me Geladinho (US doesnt have but definately needs it asap). But its a good day, and its weird to think I only have one more of those on the mission before I'm home.
This week was super long, probably equal to the first week in the field or at least super close. But I made it, and this next week is going to be an amazing one, I just just feel it. We are working hard and I can just feel the blessings coming for the work we've been doing.
One of the recent converts here is amazing, his name is Diego, and his wife is Luana. They are so awesome, they were baptized about 3 months ago but have a stronger testimony than a lot of people I've met, including myself. One thing that was crazy awesome that he said the other day was about his first visit in the church. He said he turned to his wife afterwards and said to her "What were we doing outside of this church?" Can we all say that we feel the same way? I know I definately wouldn't have before the mission. The church changed lives, and its not because its just a good church or a cool church (because it is) but is because it is thee church. This is the ONLY true church there is on the face of the earth. I know this. I know it with my whole heart. Its not just a place we go to on Sunday to be with friends and talk about our week, its the place we go to start our week, to put ourselves in the best possible position to start each week right. This is THE Church of Jesus Christ, not just A church. If it was the name of the church would say A church. But it says THE church. Because there is no other church on the Earth like this. Christ formed one church of one of His apostles of just some random church. It was His Church and it was called after His name. We have that same EXACT church that He established on the earth. THE Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason
Alma 32:27-43 & D&C 135:3

No comments:

Post a Comment