Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 23, 2012

And another week passes. My training is officially complete, well at least based on the program. Now I will actually have an hour of language study everyday so hopefully my Portuguese will really start to pick up even quicker now, its going to be nice. It has been a rough 3 months but it has also been an amazing 3 months. I've probably been in some of the worst moods of my life in the time and also felt the spirit stronger than ever. It trully has been a battle. But I am now offically trained in the mission work and we'll see where it takes me from here. Transfers are this week and theres a good chance we'll stay here together but its still up in the air. We will find out tonight whats all happening.
Today we had the oppurtunity to go to the pizza place again and eat pizza at vontade (doesnt have an english word to translate but the closest thing is "will"). I also just found out today that he hasnt even been baptized yet! Hes serving like 40 missionaries every 6 weeks and letting htem eat all we want and hes not even a member yet! He'll be baptized here in a couple weeks. So crazy. The church trully has changed his life. And he will definately be blessed for the service he is doing for the missionaries, the Lord's servants. But today was awesome, we also played soccer and man, again, brasilians are so good haha.
Lets see, oh it has continued to rain and rain and rain. We have been caught out in it a few times and just been completely soaked. The day starts off hotter than hot burning our skin and ends with a downpour of cold rain. Doesn't make sense how theres that much rain up there in the sky for it to happen everyday haha.
Also, this week started of with a pretty big bang. I had my first "Bible Bash" we didn't sit and trade scriptures but I definately wasn't teaching with the spirit. I was like yelling at this lady, I felt horrible afterwards even though I had been speaking the truth I felt like an absolute jerk. But Elder Williams said that everybody has a story or a few like that so I guesss that was a little reassuring. I never knew that I could get so worked up about the church like that and it made me realize that I trully have a knowledge that this is the true church. Things happen every week that just deepen and strengthen my testimony in the church. One thing that idk if i find funny or what, but you cant use that bible against The Church of Jesus Christ, because the Bible straight explains the church. The Bible and the Book of Mormon work hand in hand working together and filling in any "gaps" that people have.
Oh also, I have officially started a quote book and am keeping track of all the random and hilarious quotes from the mission. It has been a pretty neat experience. And is helping with some really good times.
And I just found out that for sure, I will be staying here in Jardim California with Elder Williams for atleast another transfer. So, yup I'm here again haha. No packing the bags this time which will be kinda nice. I can't lie and say I didn't want a Brasilian companion but this is obviously what the Lord needs of me so I shall accept. I'm just going to really need to work on the language this transfer. It is a lot tougher having an american companion but I can do it! I shall be fluent as soon as possible.
But I think thats about it for this week, nothing huge has happened beyond what I've already written. But know that I love and miss you all. You guys are the best! And keep writing! ;)
Eu te Amo!
Elder Gleason
P.S. Since I was eating pizza all day and stuff I haven't had time to pick some of my favorite scriptures from the week. But just find your own awesome and favorite scriptures and write me about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment