Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012

Hello North America. A very sad thing happened a couple days ago.. I ran out of the peanut butter my mom sent me for christmas. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did but now it is gone. I have come to realize there are 3 specific things I miss a lot about the great North America (not counting family and friends).
1. Peanut Butter
2. Taco Bell
3. Degree Deodorant.. deodorant here is absolutely horrible.
But all the great things about being here serving the Lord on a mission can overtake that for the short 2 years that I'm here. Can you believe its already been over 5 months since I left? So weird to think about.
Oh and this week we had some new elders come into our zone and one is from Fortaleza where Elder Receuver is serving. And what do you know but the week before this guy went into the CTM he met Elder Receuver! Such a small world! How does that even happen haha. Oh and I know I butchered the spelling of his last name, sorry Reveuver family....
Well this week has been a pretty good one, we've been able to work really well with our ward and have gotten things done. I think I've already written home about it, but we are working in 2 wards at the moment with our focus on our own, Jardim California. But this Sunday we will have a baptism in the other ward Vila Angelica!!! My first baptism!! The kid being baptized was adopted by a member family and hes 13 years old and super awesome. We've been teaching him for a few weks now and hes a super good kid and he knows the church is true. He'll be baptized this week! But it has really been tough working in 2 areas especially when everythingi s by foot. We have a 30 minute walk to our church building and we've had to do it a few times this past week and we'll do it again this week. What makes it worse is that it has been scorching hot. It went from straight rain rain rain to straight blazing sun sun sun. I don't think I've ever sweated so much in my life. Its gross. I've been taking like 2 showers a day just to help my self cool off. Especially before going to bed because that part is even worse, it is so hot at night when we sleep and we have one tiny little fan that has to cool the both of us...doesn't work out so well. So if anybody has some crazy miracle way to cool down PLEASE let me know. But besides the heat things are going great. We've been able to work with the young men a lot in our ward and they're loving it. Yesterday one of them even talked about it while he was bearing his testimony, it was sweet. These kids here are so great and are going to be some awesome missionaires.
Lets see besides that theres nothing too big going on and I haven't had any amazing inspiration this week to talk about anything in specific like I felt last week so I'll just end here. But of course know that I know without a doubt this church s true and is the only true church on the Earth today. I know people are probably sick of that line...but deal with it haha. My testimony of that line grows stronger and stronger each week here.
Eu Te Amo!
Elder Gleason
P.S. 3 Nephi 11--Yes I know its a whole chapter but it is one of the best chapters and it is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment