Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27, 2012

Phew, so 2 days from now makes the 6 month mark... WOW. Time has literally flown by, I can't believe I'm already at the quarter mark of the mission, it does not seem that way at all. I feel like it was just last week that I was giving Jenae a hug goodbye in front of the MTC all the way up there in Provo. Man it is crazy how quick it has gone by. But I've also learned so much in this time and if I can learn the same amount in each 6 month period that I have in this one, I will be a happy camper. I have gone from the kid who just went to church because of my family and friends there to trully loving the gospel. I love sharing the gospel with people it is one of the best things especially when you get to watch a persons life change for the better right in front of your eyes as you have the oppurtunity to help them. It has trully been the best experience for my life already and now I have the priviladge to keep doing it for another 18 months. Que Bencao!!!
But today is just going to be a short quick email with some photos, I don't have a ton of pictures cause I sti haven't figured out what I should be taking pictures of, and most of my pictures end up being of Elder Williams and all the random things he does. As difficult as the time has been with him for 4 months now being complete opposites now that the transfew is coming to an end and theres a 90% chance that we get changed up I'm looking back and seeing how great of a companion he has been. As much of a nut that he is, its been a great learning experience with him and we ahve become friends through all of it. But so next week I will know what is happening and it will most likely be some kind of a change at the very least.
One thing lastly and quickly that this week has brought to my rememberance yet again is the importance of love in our lives for others. If I didn't love these people even a little bit I would have already been home by now, I have been rejected and cursed out enough times already that it just wouldn't make sense to stay here. But I know the importance of the gospel and Christ in my life that I will keep chugging along searching for those who are ready to accept the truth.
Eu Te Amo!
Elder Gleason
P.S. 4 Nephi 4:15 (love of God) and Moroni 7:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment