Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 15, 2013

And another baptism! For the highest total that I have had in one transfer on the mission, 9 baptisms! It was a little bit of a rush to get everthing done but in the end everything went right and we baptized a man named Caio. He had went to church 2 times already and goes to whatever activity there is at the church. When I was still with Elder Ahmed Caio talked with us in the bus and gave us his phone number but I can't lie I didn't think anything of it. But after a few weeks and when Elder Souza got here in Jaraguá we saw him again in the street and went to his house. And now he is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ. It was a really great experience. I don't have the pictures because I forgot my memory card in the house but next week or in the furture I'll send the picture home.
This week we also had another couple families that we're teaching at church and they loved the meetings and already said that they would be there again next week. It was really exciting for us because we've been teaching them for a couple weeks now. It was cool because the mom brought her 3 kids with her and they're 3, 4, and 9 yrs old. The kids loved the primary. And they all call us by Elder when some adults don't even remember who we are haha.
There's not too much other new news, but tonight we find out about transfers and if I'll stay or go. I've been here in Jaraguá for 4 months already and now I only have 4 months left on my mission. So it's very likely that wherever my next area is will be my last. But we´ll see how it all turns out.

Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason

P.S. Mni 1:3-4; 2:2; 4:3; 5:2 and Ezk 33:4-6, 13: 34:11-12, 31; 37:16-17, 19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment