Monday, May 6, 2013

April 22, 2013

Well I am still here in Jaraguá! We got transfers last week and my comp Elder Souza ended up leaving and I stayed for my 4th transfer here now. No one was expecting it, everyong thought it would either be us staying or me leaving but it wasnt either of the 2. It always happens like this on the mission, the unexpected always ends up being the ending. So I'm here in Jaraguá and my new companion is Elder Moyano and he's from Argentina. My second Spanish companion. I should probably work a little harder and try to learn Spanish at the same time. But it's tough. He has a little over 10 months on the mission.
This week was a good one and we worked our butts off and went home tired every day. We want to baptize a ton during this transfer so we need to find more people than we have right now to guarentee that we´ll have more baptisms. However we do have some that are already marked and ready and some other people that we´ll mark dates with this week.
One of our baptisms for next week is a Bolivian young man that just got here in Brasil a couple weeks ago so he barely speaks Portueguese. Elder Moyano has basically been teaching in Spanish. I can understand a little bit of it but not very much. Its pretty tough, everything is a lot quicker.
Also one lady that we've been teaching when we went there last week said that she recieved a really strong answer that she needs to be baptized and that this was the right thing that she was doing and she went to church for the 2nd time yesterday. We're really excited to keep up all the baptizing that has been happening here in the Jaraguá ward. And the ward is really excited as well with all the baptisms. The Lords work will never stop!

Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason

P.S. Mni 6:1-3, 5-6, 8; 7:5, 11 and Dan 2:20, 34-35, 44-45; 6:10, 16, 23, 27
 
 Elder Moyano and J.R.
The zone from last transfer
Baptism of Caio

No comments:

Post a Comment