Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20, 2013

Another great ending to our week, this week we had 3 more baptisms and an amazing ward activity! We baptized 2 more young men that are brothers Gabriel and Rafael. The youth here in this ward are probably one of the strongest organizations here now. It's amazing to see so many youth, I just keep imagining how many future missionaries there are going to be here in about 6-8 years. It's awesome how strong they are and they're bringing their parents with them. It has been a great example for me and everyone here in the church. Also we baptized a lady named Miriam who we have seen change and grow in these couple weeks and she she has been super well accepted by the ward and has felt the love from everyone. Unfortunately her daughter wasn't baptized with her yet though, but hopefully soon she will be.
As for the activity we had the "Pancake Challenge" on Saturday night and it was super great. We had a turn out of about 80 people or so. Both members and non-members with all sorts of pancakes. We were pretty worried that there wouldn't be enough food for everyone but in the end everyone ate and was satisfied. It was like Christ and the 5 loaves and 2 fishes with the 5000 people haha. It was funny because I read that part on the same morning of the activity.
Also this past week I finished the Book of Mormon for the 4th time here on the mission, this time in Portuguese which was yet again another great experience. I truly love the Book of Mormon, I have no doubt whatsoever that it is the word of God. I love reading the Book of Mormon and every time that I do my testimony strengthens.
Well today I find out about transfers and we´ll see what happens it's more than likely that Iwill leave Jaraguá but we´ll see what the Lord wants with me during these last 2 transfers of my mission. So weird to see that so little time is left.

Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason

P.S. Mni 9:6, 25-26; 10:20, 23, 27, 29, 32-33 and Mic 4:1-2; 6:8; 7:7-8 and Zch 13:6
 The best picture. Yesterday at church J.R. had 19 recent converts that he baptized in Jaragua
 Baptism of Gabriel and Rafael
Baptism of Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment