Monday, April 1, 2013

March 11, 2013

First off unfortunately yet again this week the lan house isn't working with the computer to send pictures home so it'll have to wait till next week. Hopefully it'll start working by then.
Also I now have a new companion with me here in Jaraguá. Elder Ahmed was transferred to Alphaville on Wednesday and Elder Souza is now here with me. Elder Souza is from Recife, my 3rd companion from there, I feel like its the Utah of Brasil haha. Elder Souza was in Guapira before here and he stayed there for 6 months just like I did. He went to Guapira 6 weeks after I left and did the same process I did, junior, senior, trainer, and district leader, all in Guapira. Its been nice because I can ask about the members and the area and all the stuff that I miss from there.
As for the week it was a decent one, a little bit crazy with the transfer and having to re-adapt with a new companion but it's all part of the mission life. I also found out that my accent has gotten really bad after being with an American for 3 months. We didn't even speak a lot of English but my accent went into the dumps. Elder Souza watched a video that I had down in Itu with Elder Messias and he said I was speaking a lot better when I was there. But with time I'll start talking better again... I hope. But at least everybody still understands me and my grammar is still good.
This Saturday we also had a ward activity and it went really well. We did a popcorn night and set up a little movie theater and we made the popcorn. It was crazy and running all over the place to make the popcorn and hand it out but everybody loved it and there was quite a lot of people there as well. I'd say it was a success. It was the first activity that the ward here has done in quite awhile. And many more are to come.
We have quite a few people that we're working with right now and could have baptisms whenever, nothing is marked but there are a good amount of people that want to be baptized. We're praying and working to have at least a couple baptisms this Saturday, hopefully everything will go right.

Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason

P.S. Mormon 8:14-15, 17, 22, 26, 32-33 and Isa 53:4-7; 55:8-9; 59:1-2; 64:8

No comments:

Post a Comment