Wednesday, August 8, 2012

July 30, 2012

Time flies by so much more faster when youre working hard and having a fun time. I cant believe its already almost been a fulll month with my companion from good ol´paraguay. We get along well and are having fun and working our butts off at the same time. And he´s getting really good already with just a few weeks in the mission field. One of the hardest things to do on the mission is contacts in the street and he´s already doing them without any problems at all. We have been talking to everybody we can and have finally started to pile up quite a lot of people that we are teaching. Including a few families. So yeah we´re pretty happy and things are going well. This week at church we had 140 people, when for the last few months it was at about 100 or so. They werent a ton of investigators but we had a lot of less actives that came to church it was awesome. It was the most people that have been in the chapel all in one week for me on the mission. Up until this point in any of my areas I havent had that many people. And its just going to keep growing there is no way we´re going to step now.
So this week we really worked a lot and I've been pretty wiped every night but its such a good feeling to be so tired. This is how the mission should be. I didnt come here to relax for 2 years, I came to work my butt off and when I get home sleep for about 3 weeks straight haha. Can you believe that tomorrow already makes 11 months that ive been gone? its so crazy to think about, the time is just flying by and it stinks. but of course its great at the same time. there arent many boring days, theres always something awesome or something hilarious or something so irritating that it turns funny. I cant even and dont want to imagine how fast the time will go by after the one year mark passes. I wont be saying 1 year and so many months that I have left but it will turn into just months. Weird. Maybe time isnt going by so fast back there in the states with all you guys. But life definately passes by in the blink of an eye. Eternity will be so much easier to judge because there is no beginning or end.
Also today we finally had another zone activity and we were able to play soccer again. I have come to actually enjoy playing soccer. But nothing beats a game of basketball that is for sure. Today I think I had like 3 goals and I played like a beast in goal. Too bad I couldnt play like this back in high school maybe soccer would have been more fun. Its always nice to have zone activites tho because you get to take a step back and relax and just chill with the other missionaries. The mission is awesome but it definately gets stressful at times so a break every so often is needed.
Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason
P.S. Alma 7:19, 23-24; 10:5-6; 11:37

No comments:

Post a Comment