Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 20, 2012

And now what everybody has been waiting for. Well i have officially been transferred and now have been in my new area for almost a week. I got the call on Monday night at about 7 pm from Pres Martins himself because i have now been called as a Zone Leader. I am now in Itu which is in the interior of Sao Paulo, ive gone back to the interior where it all began. The only difference is that Itu is another different city away from Soracaba. My new companion is Elder Maciel and hes from Belo Horizante, Minas Gerais in Brasil. But he looks as american as it gets when it comes to Brasilian. He has only one more transfer on the mission than me and just got here in itu 3 weeks ago. So we´re both new in the area pretty much, and he just went zone leader 3 weeks ago so we´re both brand new Zone Leaders. and Elder vazquez is back there in Guapira with a new companion to finish his training. He was wanting me to stay there another one because he doesnt think he knows the area well enough but i know he´ll be just fine.
So when i got here the blessings started right off the bat. We baptized on Saturday, i didnt even meet the lady until the day of the baptism, so i did a ton to really help her... haha. And the Tuesday before i got here, 1 day before hand they baptized 7 people! The elder that left here didnt want to leave the baptisms until Saturday when he wouldnt be here and the people were ready so he baptized them all on Tuesday before he left. So yesterday at church there was 8 confirmations it was crazy! And the next 2 weeks we have 2 more baptisms that are super firm as well. We are working hard to baptize weekly and it is definately possible here in this area. The members are really great and are willing to work with us, and we have an entire city to take care of so we have plenty of people to talk to. NEW STREETS!! I dont think ive ever riddin in a car in my entire mission put together as i already have here in these 5 days. The members are always giving us rides. And like all of them speak english. I think im going to start practicing my english with them so that they can teach me because im forgetting correct grammer. I dont know what im going to do when i get back my english will just keeping getting worse and worse. But so things are going AWESOME here in my new area and they´re just going to keep getting better as time goes on. We´ve both gone through some pretty tough areas and havent baptized a ton but here is ready to go and we´re going to work our butts off.
So thats the news. It was tough to leave Guapira, and i ALMOST cryed with a few of the families that i left but i didnt. It was tough to leave there after such a long time and know that the chances of me seeing those people ever again in my life is very slim. But they will always have a place in my heart and i will never forget those 5 months there and the firendships that were made. Especially with Fagner and Ingrid. It was really tough to say bye to them. But its a part of the mission.


Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason


P.S. Alma 26: 11-12, 16, 30, 35

No comments:

Post a Comment