Wednesday, August 8, 2012

July 23, 2012

This week was a crazy one that is for sure. I feel like I wasn't even in my own area for any of it. On wednesday night I had to go to the mission office because on Thrudsay Elder Costa, who is in the 70 and is the President of the Area Brasil, came to visit our mission. So I had to leave our house at 5:30 on wednesday and leave elder vazquez with some other elders for the night but we had to walk an hour to drop him off there and then me and another elder went to the office. And it was reassured to me yet again that I cannot stand using the bus or metro. We spent an hour and a half using the transport and I was ready to die. But then on Thursday morning we got up at 4:30 in the morning to go and get the chapel all set up for Elder Costa and then he held a special meeting with just the District and Zone Leaders which was super awesome. Then after that meeting we had a bunch of trainings with him for about the next 6 hours or so inclucing lunch. It was super great! I learned so much and am doing my best to put it into practice now as well in our area. He was telling us how he does contacts even now wherever he is and he said he just asks people straight up why people aren´t members of the church and that when they say they´re from whatever church he says they he was from a different church before too. He is awesome. So thursday we spent basically the whole day there in the center of the city in one of the church buildings and then had another hour and a half return trip. Then on Friday morning I did a division with a different area in our stake which was Vila Sabrina. I got to do another division with Elder Riggin. Cant lie its super nice to be able to take a days break from portuguese every so often and just speak english all day. But Elder riggin is super sweet, we´ve been here in Jaçanã for about 3.5 months now so we´ve become really good friends. Were hoping that some point in the future we´ll be companions as well. And I did my first baptismal interviews while I was there it was a neat experiennce. But also pretty nervewracking and of couse I had to have a stuffy nose that day so my accent was horrible and they were having a semi difficult time understanding my portuguese. But both the people I interviewed passed! So there was no worries. Now I'm just looking forward to the next time that I can do some more so that I can keep improving at them and have them be spiritual experiences for the people as well.
The other thing that I learned yet againnn here on the mission is trully how simple the gospel is and how simple it is to know that this church is true. We talked with a member who is a little bit less active a few days back and we were asking him about how he knew the church was true or if he did. And he told us that he had no doubt it was all you need to know is that God doesn´t change, that man changes what God does. God called prophets anciently, and he calls prophets today. He called apostles anciently and he calls apostles today. God used revelation anciently and he uses it today to help us with our problems in our days specifically. He loves us so much and will never leave us alone, He knows what we are going through and knows how to help us. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that we have a living prophet on the earth today in Thomas S Monson who has the same authority that Moses or Noah or whatever prophet had anciently. Because God loves us and will always help us.


Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason


P.S. Alma 5:14, 16, 26-27, 60-62

No comments:

Post a Comment