Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 13, 2012

And another transfer has passed. Tonight we find out what will happen with us, if we´ll stay together or if one of us will leave. Not really sure how it will all work out yet so its now just the waiting game. But if someone leaves its about a 99% chance that i would be the one leaving and not him. I have been here for so long 5 months and more and i cant lie the same streets every single day are starting to get a little tiring. But whatever the Lord needs from me that is obviously what i will do. I wil work my hardest wherever I´m at to  bring the true gospel to the people who are ready to listen and follow.
Yesterday at church me and Elder Vazquez both gove talks, and it was my 2nd time that i gave a talk here in Guapira and my 4th time on the mission. I think its more than ive given in years at home. And from i remember the missionaries in the US didnt give talks as often as we do here but its pretty neat. I like giving talks and trying to help the ward as a whole get better. Yesterday i talked about how to do missionary work with our friends. I summed it up into 2 words. Invite, and our faith. Because without inviting people they will never have the oppurtunity to say yes or no to go to church. And when you think about it we´re talking away their free agency by choosing for them what we think they´re response will be to the invite. Thats where our faith comes in. We need to believe and hope for the things that we don´t see. Its obvious we dont see our friends and family at church with us, because we never invited them to be there with us. (not in all cases, obviously some have invited). But we as members of Christ´s true church and Kingdom here on the Earth need to better ourselves a lot. We need to be better exemples of Christ in our day to day and need to put out more forces to help others come unto Christ as well. The blessings we receive in the gospel are enormous and i dont have any doubt that our friends want the same blessings. Are we scared to invite or lose a friend or whatever the situation may be? Yeah we´ll be scared but we´ll also be grateful and the others we invite will be even more grateful when they begin to receive the blessings in their families. (1 John 4:18) The world needs the blessings that God has in store for each and everyone of us. We must bring this happiness to the world.
I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God´s kingdom restored here on the earth. I have no doubt in my mind that Joseph SMith was a true prophet of God and that we have a living prophet on the Earth today in Thomas S Monson to help guide and lead us.

Eu Te Amo!
Elder Gleason



P.S. Alma 14:10-11 and 24:27; 20:23 and 22:15; 17:11; 20:29

No comments:

Post a Comment