Thursday, June 7, 2012

May 28, 2012

This week has probably been thee slowest week on the mission so far. I'm not sure why, but it just went by super slowly. When I was thinking about emailing today it slipped my mind that I need to talk about transfers. Well me and Elder Alexandre are still here in Guapira together, no changes what so ever. Our zone only changed a little bit with an Elder finishing his mission and some other small changes. But so thats how it was, nothing new. And the week went by pretty slow probably because I was hoping for some kind of change and it didn't happen. BUT I know that the Lord has a reason for this all, so I'm going into this transfer trying to be the most positive that I can learn as much as I can from this experience.
Unfortunately nothing new has happened with new investigators as well, I have been doing sooo many contacts with people on the street and nothing is going through. We go to their house and they don't live there or they just tell us to come back a different day. It has been a little rough but I'm fighting my way through it the best I cant. Also, its been a little bit of a bummer because all the best contacts that we do are like really interested in the church and a living prophet, but live in other areas so I just keeping passing tons of references to other areas for them to teach these people. But its better than nothing at least. I just hope and pray that they accept the gospel wherever they may be from the missionaires that are there.
Not really sure what else to even talk about, there haven't been too many neat experiences or great spiritual experiences these last few weeks because just nothing is happening. Its getting harder and harder to not be teaching as I love the gospel more and more, I just want to teach people and families about this truth that God has for us on the earth. Its frustrating when people don't want to listen, and sometimes I get pretty upset haha. But its a part of the mission and I just keep going and stop another person in the street hoping and praying that he'll accept it.
Oh and letters have really hit a huge slump from everybody, or they are somewhere in this crappy Brasilian mail system. Hopefully its the second and not the first.
Eu Te Amo!
Elder Gleason
P.S. Jacob 2:18; 6:11-12 and Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment