Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 25, 2012

Almost forgot to send an email home for everybody about the week today. I got caught up with the MIAMI HEAT email from my Dad.. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Obviously I already knew they would win the championship but it has made the week a little more stressfull thinking about how they were playing and I wasnt watching with my heat jerseys and visor. Pretty stressful stuff to be added on to the missionary work. But the Lord has blessed me with them winning (a little bit of a apostasy here). But now they'll win next year when I'm still here and then keep winning. For all the doubters. Yeah, strengthen your faith haha.
Anywho this week was a decent one, it rained about half the week and I can't stress how much I can't stand the rain here. The only good thing about it all is that it is a lot cooler out and I am no longer sweating for just standing in the street. We were supposed to have 2 baptisms on Saturday but both of them unfortunately fell and we didnt even get to talk to the guys. They werent home during the entire week and we only saw them for about 5 minutes for the week. And they're still smoking.... But things will get better, we´ll remark they're baptisms for a couple weeks from now and keep working with them. They're some amazing guys and will be great members of the church as well. The young woman we're teaching is continuing to progress and we finally talked to her mom last week and she said she wants to see more changes in her daughter before she lets her be baptized. She made a list of 10 things that she needs to change and then she´ll let her be baptized, so thats what were working towards right now.
Transfers are next week and its kind of weird, I've now been in this area for almost 4 months and I feel so at home, its weird to think about having to leave this area whether it be now or in the future. The members here are so awesome and are a part of my family now. I love these guys. But we´ll see what happens, it´s all up to the Lord and what he needs from me and where he needs me. Oh and things with my companion have gotten a lot better and hopefully we´ll get some real good work done to finish off the transfer and these 2 transfers together.
Well I´m not positive what else there is to talk about, emails will probably continue to get shorter and shorter throughout the mission. Theres not tons of new things that happen weekly to talk about.

Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason

P.S. 2 Samuel 7:22 and Mosiah 14:4-7; 15:19, 28

No comments:

Post a Comment