Friday, June 8, 2012

June 4, 2012

Yessss finally some things have went right this past week! It was actually a really good week. Also on Tuesday, I did a division with Elder Lopez from Argentina. I don't know if anyone has picked up on it but we have been in the same zone for 5 of my 6 transfers on the mission. He was in Trujillo with me for 2 transfers and now is here in Jacana with me for another 3 transfers and he's now my district leader here. So we did a division and Tuesday and it was super awesome. He is hilarious and super spiritual and knows how to mix the 2 together perfectly. He had me laughing the whole day but we also worked our butts off and taught a bunch of people, mainly in the street. We also had a appointment marked to have like a little church meeting with a family and their priests. I was pretty excited to finally teach some priests but they didn't get there at the right time and we had to go home. The worst part about it all though was that the family made us sit outside waiting on the sidewalk for like 20 minutes. They told us they couldn't let us in without their priests, like we were some kind of monsters or something. What the heck did their priests even tell them to have them be so scared of us.
Also, on Saturday we went to a house that we had done a contact with the person but he didn't live there and we ended up teaching 2 brothers that did actually live there and it was great. They were like harder rockers with tons of tattoos and piercings and long hair but super humble. When we showed them the Book of Mormon the older brother who's about 30ish asked how much it costs and we told him it was free and he was like can I have it? We said definitely but can we explain it first. So we taught him about the restoration and when we finished with Joseph Smith he stopped us and asked us if this was all really true. And so I testified that it was and that God has responded to my prayers and that he could have the same response as well. As we were leaving and had given him a Book of Mormon he let out a WOOHOO, it was awesome. But so we had some really good success this week and finally have some people to work with now instead of just contacts after contacts. We can finally teach lessons again!
Oh yeah and we had another experience that left me kind of angry, we had done a contact with a guy in the street and he said we could go to his house on Friday and we got his address. So we get to the street and we look down, it was probably a good 45 degree angle of a street if not steeper and of course his house number was at the very bottom. So we climbed down this huge road and he didn't even let us in his house. He told us we could talk to him on his doorstep. So we started and then it started raining and he told us we had to leave. I was ready to flip out, but I kept my calm. However, I don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon.
Well thats just a few of the stories from this week. I just hope and pray that I'll have more next week and will be even happier about the week than I am about this past one. I love the gospel. And I know without a doubt that Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ and was called and prepared to be a Prophet in our days.
Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason
P.S. The whole chapter of Enos in the Book of Mormon, pretty sure its become my favorit part of the BOM, and Joshua 24:15

No comments:

Post a Comment