Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 18, 2012

Well it finally stopped raining this week so I'm finally dry again which is nice, I like taking my showers inside the house instead of outside. This week went by pretty fast with what feels like almost nothing happening. But unfortunately a young woman we were supposed to baptize this week didnt go through because we still havent been able to talk to her mom and get the baptism autorized. Which stinks because this girl is super awesome and really wants to be baptized. But hopefully if things go right tonight we´ll be able to talk to her mom (finally) and get her authroization about it all. SO pray for that to be able to happen. I have no dount that this girl is going to be a leader in the church in the future, and all thats waiting on it is a signature from her mom.
Well I know a few weeks ago I said im not sure if I had ever talked to so many people in my life in a 1 week span, well this week I definately beat that out. I talked with sooo many people in the street there was one day we were going to lunch and it took like 20 minutes to walk 2 blocks because I just kept stopping everybody. I find it pretty exciting to stop the people and see what they´ll say or even what I'll say to them haha. Every conversation is different and I have met all walks of life and all types of situations that people are passing through. And I think that though the mission can be tough at times, I have no doubt that there are millions of people and families passing through much tougher times than I am . The mission is tough but its just like they say all the time in General Conference its preparing me for the rest of my life. Everyday things happen that make me think how I would face the same situation and debate what would happen with the choices I would make.
Also, yesterday I got another shirt from one of the members here in the ward, actually its my first that I've gotten from this ward. But one of the guys here gave me one of his soccer jerseys and signed it, next week I'll have a picture of him and me with it. I keep telling everybody that the team I will root for for the rest of my life will be the team I have the most shirts of. As of now i root for Palmeiras because I have 3 shirts from them.
Oh and of course gotta talk about the Miami Heat. I'm definately being blessed for being here on a mission with them winning the championship. Just a couple more games and my dad will be buying me a championship shirt and then doing the same thing next year as well. D Wade <3

Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason

P.S. Mosiah 5:7,13,15 and 1 Samuel 12:24;16:7; 17:45-47

No comments:

Post a Comment