Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 21, 2011

Alright so i was expecting to write a lot shorter email home for this part here and send a bunch of photos and everything instead but....the library computer doesnt recognize my camera or something stupid like that, so i dont know when ill get pictures sent hom. SORRY! As soon as i can and find a way there will be pictures sent home.
In other news i am now up to 7 kilos lost which is apperently like 15 lbs so yeah wow. And i havent even be doing morning exercise haha. But its noth that im not eating trust me i am. I have eaten meats that i never would have even looked at before the mission and not gonna lie theyre actually pretty good. Although i tried a hot dog for the second time in my life the other day...still just as gross as the first time i did when i was like 7. So that i will continue to stay away from, but for everyone that thought i would starve on my mission i can assure you i am not. Today we went legit food shopping for the first time and it was awesome, there is so much cheap stuff here, especially the fruit which i love. So im just eating healthy and walking up hill after hill and losing some weight which i dont mind.
Lets see what else, oh yeah, the address to the mission office might be causing some problems for letters, ive gotten a bunch but most have the zip code crossed out so here it is again just a little different.
Brazil Sao Paulo North Mission
Rua Dr. Batista Pereira, 165
Jardim Caxingui 05517-080
Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
So just that little difference in the 17 and 71 might be causing a little trouble not sure. But keep sending me letters, theyre a fantastic pick me up when we actually get the chance to get them haha.
Hmm what else, oh i came to realize that getting baptism dates here isnt as huge as i thought it was. I mean obviously theyre still HUGE but Elder Williams said they do fall through especially when people dont go to church which is common around here. We just keep working working working through and its been great. The days go by a ton faster when were actually doing stuff, i feel like it ws just yesterday i was typing away at the crappy Ian house computer. I love talking to people in portuguese, its extremely difficult at times and i zone out often but i can alraedy see i have improved a lot and am able to incorporate myself into the lessons a lot more than when i got here. And i also came to realize that lessons in the field are a heck of a lot different then in the mtc, because my conjugations arent that awesome and in the mtc teachers just rolled with it because they knew what we were trying to say but not really the same story out here haha.
I love Brasil, I love being a missionary and I love this gospel. There are times when it is extremely difficult to keep going on, but then we meet an awesome person who accepts what we say and im able to bear my testimony and strengthen it. Its amazing how teaching someone who doesnt know anything about the gospel just ends up teaching yourself even more. Like it says in D&C 50:22.. I lveo it, no other feeling in the world that can compare. This is hard work, harder than anything Ive ever done, but I wouldnt trade it for anything else right now. Its preparing me for the rest of my life.
Eu te Amo!
Elder Gleason

No comments:

Post a Comment