Thursday, October 20, 2011

October 18, 2011 Email

This week has been somewhat uneventful, as much as I love the MTC/CTM Im ready to get out of here. I'm still learning a ton from my teachers, and study times but it will be so much different when i am actually out in the field. To find investigators, teach them and be fully enveloped in the language. I can't wait to be walking around the city all day. The CTM has prepared me so much, but nothing will be like actually being out there. You can only teach your teacher so many times before it starts to get old. But like i said I've loved my time here and in Provo.
This was my first week with another new companion and a new district and new teachers. So 4 different companions (counting the 2 for the trio), 3 districts, and 6 teachers all in my 7 weeks at the MTC/CTM. My newest companion is Elder Robdison hes a really good guy and works hard at the language. Hes had a tough time understanding but hes been getting better each day which is awesome to watch. Luckily my understanding has shot out of the roof compared to 3 weeks ago when i got here. I can definately see how the average is 6 months and I'll understand pretty much everything. It's so weird to think I'll be completely fluent by the time Im home. Ill be able to say Im bilingual!. So Sick. Oh and this week were getting 6 more missionaries from Provo for our district. 104 got their visas this week and 39 are coming here to the CTM. The rest finally get to get to their actual missions from their reassignments. Pretty exciting stuff. 3 of those ones coming are going to my mission and 1 who is a Sister was in my district in Provo.
Today the Brazilian Elders that came in on the day i got here all left and it stinks. Those Elders were the best and helped me out a lot. And they made my nickname mococco branco (white monkey) because i east so many bananas haha. I know i was sent here at the time i was for a reason. I needed my month in Provo to set up good study habits and I needed to be here to start learning the culture and to love the people. Even if i cant speak the language right away at least I can show my love for them and how happy I am to be here in BRasil.
I can already see my life, thoughts, and actions changing day by day. Almost everday I'll hear or read something that will strike a memory and all I think is what was I doing. There is so much more i could have done to share the gospel especially in high school and work. Instead I chose to just skate along. I think i was an okay at best example for the church but again I could have been so much better and done so much more. My mission has been a life changer and I'm only 2 months in. I'm probably going to be one of those weirdos when i first get back that doesn't want to do anything. But hopefully Ill get back into the swing of things and not stay too weird. Just different. And maybe people will be able to see a difference and want to know why. Thats all 2 years away though so I wont worry about that too much right now.
What i do know right now is that I am the happiest ive ever been and im learning and teaching the thing that brings the most joy into my life besides my family, well even that my family is even more awesome because of the gospel. So its like a 1a and 1b. I love this Church, and i love the happiness that the gospel brings into my life.
Eu te Amo!
Elder Gleason
P.S. I've been watching the mormon.org videos they are super sweet if anybody hasnt watched them, go and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment