Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 11, 2011 Email

I didn't think it was possible, but weeks are going by even faster here in Brasil. I've already been here for 2 weeks, crazy. Whats even crazier to think about though is that I only have 3 weeks left in the CTM. And then its out to the real world again and being completely immersed in portuguese.
I've been noticing a significant change in the language for myself. I look forward each day to when I get to come back to the room and speak with m brazilian roommates. Over this past week we've grown to become good friends, it helps that I am understanding more, and able to find a way to say what I want to with the little language I know. It stinks they leave next Tuesday (Terca-Feira) and in all honestly I probably will never see them again. Even when I come back to Brazil later on in life the chances to see them all is extremely slim. So thats how it goes and will go I guess, make friends for a few weeks and then yeah thats pretty much it.
But on a happier note, our lessons and Training Resource Center (TRC) have been going really well. We teach sometimes 3 times a day and at least once everyday. The teachers definately arent afraid to hold back judgement either which is extremely helpful. Weve heard a ton of things that are helping us to teach more effectively and prepare us for actual invsetigators instead of being the perfect ones who accept everything we say. And of course right as the 3 of us (my companions and I) are starting to understand how to work together while we teach, I'm changing districts and getting a new companion. The last 2 weeks I've been with Elders who are a week behind me but starting Wednesday (Quarta-Feira) we will have 4 Elders that are my week and will have our own district. Which will be good because now I will get everything I am supposed to learn instead of missing a week. So this will be a good thing.
The other thing I feel like talking about is finding the good in everything. This has really been and will be put to the test with me on my mission. It is not easy to work with someone 24/7 you will always find things you might not like about the person. We can find the good or the bad in anyone or anything it all depends on our outlook on it. I think its one thing I'm going to learn a lot from on my mission is being able to find a way to work with anyone. It takes a little while and is sometimes really frustrating but if we can show love and patience I know we will find something good in everyone. When that happens everything goes a whole lot smoother, I can testify to that.
Anywho so letters yeah they take forever. For our district of 7 Elders we have received a whopping 1 letter in the 2 weeks we've been here. That is one thing i don't know if ill ever get used to about Brasil. Its tough not being able to hear from family and friends quickly. But then I remember its only 2 years of my life and I think ill stick with it. The good outways the bad tremendously haha. However it takes so long they advised us to start giving out the mission president office address which is were the letters SHOULD be sent for the remainder of my 2 years in Brasil. This is the most sure way to know I will get them all. So this is my last new address for the rest of the 2 years. So get writing I want to hear from everybody.
Elder James Richard Gleason
Rua Dr. Rui Batista Pereia, 165
Caxingui 05571-080
Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Eu te amo!
Elder Gleason

No comments:

Post a Comment