Wednesday, November 7, 2012

October 22, 2012

Where did this past week go? When youre working hard things really fly by. And I know I've said that so many times already but it hits me every week when I sit down at the computer again and again to send an email home about the week. How is it already the end of october?? Its almost winter in the US and I'm dying of heat down here in Itu. And a member yesterday told us that we havent seen anything yet with the heat and that it will just keep getting worse... Awesome. But it was probably like this last year when I was here for the summer as well and I just didnt realize it.
So on saturday for lunch I ate tacos. It was fantastic. 1 year and 2 months without tasting the greatness of a taco. I ate so much at that lunch haha. Elder Messias was just like is this seriosuly a normal meal in the US? I told him of course it was, I was super happy on saturday. He wasn't as impressed as I was haha. The lady that made the tacos was the daughter of the one who made me pumpkin pie a couple of weeks ago. I'm really liking the lunches from this family.
As for the week we worked our butts off yet again but didnt have the same happiness as we did last week. We worked so hard and then the weekend was just a huge downer. Its really tough to stay happy when this happens but we did our best to stay animated and continued working through the difficulties. We did quite a bit of walking this past week, the one good thing is that I'm starting to get to know the area a lot better which is pretty tough with the size of this city. But we did have some good things this week, dont think that it was just all hard times. The one couple that we found a few weeks ago are really excited to be baptized. They have received a ton of answers to their prayers. They tell us that we´re angels sent from the Lord. Its pretty cool and different to hear. But they're changing a lot for the better and their family situation is a lot better since we first talked to them. theyre even already talking about the baptism of their daughter whos 7 who will only be baptized next year. And we told the father how he would be able to baptize her when she turns 8, he was pretty excited. So its been a really huge blessing and great experience to watch their progress and think that it all came because we decided to knock the door of the house on the side of someone who wasnt home. (not sure if that all made sense, hope so). But through all the things that were going through we´re staying strong and we´ll continue working hard and we know that the Lord will continue to bless us and that we´ll find more people who want to follow Christ´s example and be baptized with His authority.

Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason

P.S. Alma 49:5, 8-9; 50:1 (We must prepare ourselves as well for Satan´s temptations, so that he will be surprised with our defenses as well) and Job 1:21-22; 4:8, 17; 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment