Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012

Well I received news of the thing I definitely didn't want to hear on Saturday from my Mission President. At about 1:30 or so while we were at lunch he called me to inform me that G-ma Gleason passed away on Friday night. I can't lie and say that it wasn't tough because it was pretty hard on me. Especially knowing that I won't be there and am not there for any of it. But after the phone call I knew the only way to keep my mind off of everything was to work and work hard. So thats what we did. Elder Messias asked me if I wanted to go home and relax for a little bit but I know that would just make it all harder and I told him we had people to teach and appointments marked. And I know that G-ma would want me to keep going. We worked our butts off these past 2 days and were blessed for it as well. This whole week we have been working like crazy and the Lord is blessing us in so many ways and is seeing the work were putting in. I dont want to say that everything was perfect because it defintely wasnt and we had some people that were going really well fall through, but we stuck to it through the hard parts and we came out strong. We are trully seeing the Lords hand in our work and we are doing all we can to do His will.
Its tough to be in this situation like I said being on the opposite side of the world but I have been strengthened and comforted by the Lord. I know that this life isnt the end. There is more after this and I will see my good ol´ G-ma again. God being perfect didn't create all this just for it all to end here on earth, this part of our life is just an extremely small phase of who we are. We existed before this life for who knows how long with God and after this life their will be no end or time. It will be eternity. Without end. I know and have a strong testimony that if we continue doing all we can and following Christ in all He did we can receive the greastest blessing of all, eternal life (D&C 14:7). But we need to do all we can and we must search and find Gods true path. I know that this church is true, and I know that through living prophets God´s Plan of Salvation has been restored on the Earth today to answer lifes great questions. Where did we come from? Why are we here? and What will happen after this life? The answers to these questions have been restored in the fulness of the gospel. I know that the only way to enter into Gods Kingdom is to be baptized with the authority of God, the Priesthood, has also been restored here on the earth through Joseph Smith. If you dont know it and have a testimony about it as well, search for it with our Heavenly Father and He will answer your prayers. I know and promise that He will. This is Christ´s true church on the earth and God´s kingdom here on earth. This isn't the end and I know I will see my grandma again. Love You G-Ma

Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason

P.S. "...while you cannot change the past, you can change the future... With God´s help, you need not fear for the future." -Elder David S Baxter (General Conference April 2012)

"Be Happy Without Fear"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment