Monday, September 17, 2012

September 3, 2012

And I am now officially in the second half of the mission. Friday was a pretty normal day and I didn't feel too different but its weird thinking now saying "last year..." and the things I was doing last year were on the mission. But so friday we ate a ton of food. I told Elder Maciel that we were going to eat everything that I liked from Brasil that we could. SO we ate a lot of food haha. But this day only comes once in your life so I had to go all out. I was so stuffed at the end of the day. And also i burned one of my white shirts which is part of the mission tradition. I also almost died doing it, apperently the shirts I have catch on fire reasily easily. Good to know if I was ever to be close to fire... But I took a video but I can't send it home like I want to because it will take forever. But the video is pretty funny of how it all went down. Next up is a pair of pants at a year and 6. Which I'm positive will be right around the corner before I even know it.
The week was a good one and we got a lot done. This area is going really well. We talk to so many people in the streets and with that we have met some reallly crazy people with ideas that are equally crazy. For the first time on the mission we also had someone deny a prayer in their house. He told us we could leave a message and explain what we had to say but that we couldnt pray in his house it was pretty weird. Even more out of the normal being here in Brasil where people are always wanting prayers. We also marked a baptism date with the daughter of 2 members that were baptized last year. The girl does everything like a member would, goes to church, goes to activities, lives the commandments and everything but she never wanted to be baptized. But this week we layed it all on the line and showed her that nothing would change in her life being baptized. And she accepted. It was awesome and her parents are super excited.
Also, last night i got to call Guapira and talk to Elder Vazquez for a little bit about how things are going there and things are going really well. 3 families that me and him had done contacts with have all received answers that the Book of Mormon is true and are preparing for baptism. I cant lie i was pretty upsetr that i wasnt there to see it all happening. BUt everything has a reason. Also Ingrid and Fagner are super firm in the church and going really well.
Well thats about it for the week, today were going to the mall here in Itu and even a Walmart. WOOO


Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason


P.S. Alma 29:1-2; 30:34,44; 31:5, 34-35 and 1 Chr 28:9

No comments:

Post a Comment