Monday, September 24, 2012

September 24, 2012

The Lord trully blessed us during this week and we were able to mark 3 baptismal dates for October. One that we marked is the cousin of a member and she just moved to Itu about a month ago. She hasnt had the easiest life but she is seeing how much her life is already changing just in these couple weeks that she has gone to church and started reading the BOM. Its such a great thing to be able to see the lives of people change right before your eyes and even better to have them recognize it and tell you about the changes. It is very gratifying.
However unfortunately the young woman that was preparing to be baptized this past Saturday backed out for now. She also said she doesn't want to have us teach her anymore but just be friends. It was pretty shocking, we werent waiting for what happened whatsoever and it was a pretty sad night. But everybody has their free agency and each one will choose what they want to do. For now she chose not to, but im positive that in the future she will be baptized, who knows maybe even while I'm still here in Itu.
Here in this area during these 6 weeks i have learned a lot about many different situations that we have come into contact with. It has been a great learning experience and I hope that I have learned what the lord wanted me to learn. We have been teaching quite a lot of people with marraige problems and family problems and after leaving a lot of the lessons when weve heard so much stuff I just have to say Wow. I hope and pray that I learn from these situations and can help my family in the future be in better places than some of the things that ive heard.
This week is also the week of transfers and we find out tonight what will happen with the zone and with us. I'm not really sure what could happen but it could be anything. I just know that whatever happens is the Lord´s will. I've tryed to ask for things too much i think with transfers and usually happens in a much different when than I expected but at the end of each transfer I know that the Lord had a reason for putting me where I am and with what companion. This transfer went by extremely fast, 6 weeks passed by like nothing.

Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason

P.S. Alma 37:6-7; 38:2, 5; 39:14
"No pain will last forever. It is not easy, but life was never meant to be either easy or fair."
-Pres Boyd K. Packer (General Conference April 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment