Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 26, 2012

Brasilians walk so fast. Yesterday we had to "walk" fast from one appointment to another that was a good 45 minute walk away at a normal pace. We got there in less than 30. But I'm pretty sure E. Vieira was walking and I was running beside him. Holy smokes does he book it without running. It was an amazing sight. So I got to the other appointment which was a family home evening with like the entire ward and was just drenched in sweat, it was disgusting. Everbody was laughing and asking if it was raining outside or something. It was embarrassing but of course funny as well. Americans do not do well with Brasil climate thats what I know for sure. But the week has been a good one, it's finally starting to cool off a little bit and at night it actually gets chilly. But with the hills we have here in this area it doesn't matter how cold it is, its still hot. I'm getting a muscle on the front of my calf that I didn't even know existed.
We taught like crazy this week and we're really seeing a lot of miracles, we had people that we found this week that started progressing really fast and reading the Book of Mormon and praying and everything was going great. Unfortunately though, yesterday for church we only had one investigator at church. I think its one of the hardest parts of the mission, knowing how hard you worked for each person individually to help them find the true church and then when the actual church meetins come around no one is there. It was extremely saddening to see, I was ready to punch holes in walls. But all that means is that we need to work even harder this week and we'll see results. So thats our game plan, of course, to just work even harder. I don't know how we will but we'll work harder and help even more people.
Also, today I finished the Book of Mormon again, 2nd time on the mission! Man it is so amazing. It doesn't matter how many times you read the same verses, you will find something new. This time I really focused a lot on Moroni's promise, the last prophet in the Book of Mormon. Moroni 10:3-5. We always leave or read the verses with our investigators but this time I really studied it out. I spent about 30 minutes on each verse. It lays it out perfectly for us. There is no way to trully follow the instructions that he gives us and not get an answer from Heavenly Father that the Book of Mormon is true. Its not possible. If each and every one of us in the world actually did what Moroni says we would all have the same answer from God. Of course we would each receive our answers differently and in different forms but hey would all be the same. That the Book of Mormon is the Word of God, with the Bible, and that His kingdom is here on Earth again. I have no doubt about it. I'm not here on the other side of the world just preaching another church and doing something "good". I'm trying to help people know for themselves the truth of God. I left everything at home for two whole years of my life to do this. I have no doubt in my mind that this is the true gospel of Christ and that the BOok of Mormon is Another Testiment of Jesus Christ. Test it!
Eu Te Amo!!
Elder Gleason
P.S. Of course the scripture is going to be Moroni 10:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment