Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 19, 2012

Wow, so time is passing by absurdly fast, I don't want to imagine how fast it will go by after the one year mark hits. Everybody says its just a huge down slope after that and you don't even realize whats happening. My companion is an example of that. He trully loves the mission and being a missionary, not a day goes by that when somebody talk about the fact that he goes home in a month he gets angry and upset. He really doesn't want to leave, hes the opposite of most missionaries at this point.
But the week was a good one, tough but a good one. Unfortunately one of the young men we were teaching moved back with his mom to a totally different area and his is so awesome. He was going to be baptized this Saturday that comes. But he might be coming back so we're praying ike crazy. He is such an amazing kid and has an outlook on life that most 18 year olds don't have. I loved teaching him and I hope that he comes back. We've been teaching quite a few families and my testimony of the church is being strengthened every time that we teach, it just reconfims in my heart through the Holy Ghost the truth of these things. Its not easy to live the commandments of God in this world, in our days but its possible and we'll be eternally blessed for it. We can't just think about our days right now, what we do now depends on what will happen for eternity, so its a pretty big deal. I'd rather work a little harder here and be happy and be happy after this life than just live in the world and be unhappy for eternity.
Also, yesterday we gave talks and I was able to see just how much my Portuguese has improved. It was my third talk already on the mission in Portuguese and it has improved every time. I actually enjoy giving talks now, maybe even too much. Yesterday I gave a talk for almost 20 minutes about the love of God an how we need to love everyone and see everyone as a child of God. Not just another person but as a true child of God. And that with this love we'll have faith and we'll be able to do miracles. It was a pretty good talk I think.. and quite a few members came up to me after and said thank you and that my Portuguese was reallyy good for only 6 months. Our ward missionary leader even said it was at the rate of someone with a year on the mission. But I'm not trying to brag because its all from the Lords help without a doubt. It also helps having a Brasilian companion. But I learned a ton from the talk I gave and that each and every one of us can have a little more love in our lives. If we had more love the world would be a much better place. I know this church is true. God loves each and every one of us individually and will respond to our prayers individually. But we need to ask to receive. I love this gospel and I love being a missionary to be able to preach it to the people here in Brasil!
Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason
P.S. Ether 12 and John 15:19
P.P.S. If you don't have a Book of Mormon to follor along with these scriptures..... Get one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment