Saturday, September 24, 2011

September 19, 2011

So I figured I'd try something new this week. Instead of trying to think on the fly what to say and type in 30 minutes, I wrote it all out so all I have to do is type and I'll be able to say a lot more and not forget anything...hopefully. So like I said last week I'm only supposed to write letters on Monday (P-Day) i didn't do that great at it this week and wrote a few letters but it was stressed again to us yesterday to be obediant to those rules. So any letters i send will only be written on Mondays so if i get a letter on Tuesday then the person will have to wait til Monday for me to write it and send it back. However that doesn't mean don't write me throughout the week haha.
To start, a funny story. On wednesday my companion decided to lock us all out while we were in the shower without keys. We told him to leave it open...but yeah no haha. I had to call the front desk and explain how we couldn't come get a spare key because all we had were our towels. She literally laughed into the phone and told us to just send some other Elders to come and grab the apre for us. Bringing the key back to that very same girl on the phone later, awkwarddd haha.
Anywho this week has had it's ups and downs. And by that I pretty much just mean portuguese. Everytime I feel I'm getting somewhere and want to relax on studying or take a break. BAM humbled back to feeling like I'm at Day one. Especially this week when we finally got our 2nd teacher who is Brazilian and barely knows english! She talks so fast and its tough to keep up with what shes saying! But then at the same time in the multiple lessons my companion and I taught this week I felt the Spirit so strongly and understood what was being said and was able to teach the lesson pretty well. I feel a lot more focused and comfortable and I think I learn more when I'm teaching our investigators as opposed to sitting in class. But I keep reminding myself it's only been about 3 weks and it will come in due time.
And now for what is one of the greatest parts of the Mission Training Center for me. The devotionals and firesides. On Tuesday I sat 10 rows away from an Apostle!!! Elder M. Russell Ballard was right there in front of my! It was such an amazing devotional, I learned so much and was able to feel the Holy Ghost strongly throughout the whole talk. There is nothing better than the numbing and peaceful feeling I get from the Holy Ghost confirming things about the gospel of Jesus Christ and confirming the words being said by those teaching me. One quote that I loved from Elder Ballards's devotional was this:
"The closer you draw to Him (our Savior Jesus Christ) the closer He will draw to you."
How can we not want that for our lives, each day I strive to learn something new or read something and think about it in a different way to strengthen my testimony. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that His Atonement is a very real thing for everyone and atone for all of our sins. Which ties in last nights fireside by MTC District President Wilkins. He talked about all the different pains and trials that people have faced and endured and how Christ went through ALL of it. Any pain we have suffered Christ has also suffered through and 10 times more. How much love He has for us is ridiculous to even try to comprehend. I know that Eu sou missionario de A lgerja de Jesus Cristo Dos Santos Dos Ultimos Dias, the one and only true church on the Earth today. I know this is the gospel of Jesus Christ and it is confirmed to me more and more each day. I know that everyone can get that same confirmation for themselves through faith and prayer.
2 Nephi 31:21
Eu te amu tudo!
Elder Gleason

No comments:

Post a Comment