Monday, September 12, 2011

Second Week

Already on my second email home its pretty surreal, the time is flying by but also seems really slow at the same time, its hard to explain but anyone whos been through the MTC would say the same thing! So today, Monday is my Preperation day and it is supposed to be the only day i email or wite home so from now on it'll take a while for me to write everybody back. But that doesnt mean people shouldn't write me a ton haha. Getting mail and DearElders letters are easily a highlight to the day and hearing how people are doing! Today is definately the most relaxing of the week, we have a ton of personal or free time and we are also able to go to the temple every Monday morning. It is such a blessing to only be a 5 minute walk away instead of being 3 hours in 3 different directions like at home. The temple is just so peaceful, definately one of the best places on Earth to be. Also, on Sunday's we get to go for a temple walk and to just relax on the temple grounds for about an hour. It's kinda neat to see other people there too as an elder instead of just J.R. haha.
I don't know how i failed to mention it last time, but when i see the little timer slowly clicking down i feel rushed and forgot to say stuff, but my companion is an identical twin! and his twin came in the same day and is also going to Brazil just a different area! Luckily i can tell the differnce between the 2 by theyre hair or it would be extremely confusing day to day. My roomates and my companion are so awesome we all get along great together and are all struggling and exceeding in the language at the same time. Last night as i was thinking about it, i was amazed at how much i know in portuguese, i struggle so often that i just figured i knew nothing, but in fact i know quite a bit! It is amazing how the Lord can help us as we learn a new language in such a short time. I also forgot to mention that we had to teach and "investigator" (another teacher) the 2nd day we were here, and since then we've taught 2 more times. The first 2 times didn't go so well but it was kind of expected, but as we learned to love him as an investigator instead of just a teacher judging us i felt the Spirit so strongly and i was able to put my notes down and bear my testimony about the topic with only a couple questions! It was one of the coolest experiences! I can't wait to be able to teach in Brazil and feel the Holy Ghost all the time. It is the greatest feeling to have the Holy Ghost with you.
Its so tough to try and explain a whole weeks worth of experiences and stores in just a short email, sometimes i just want to whip out my phone and text everybody...but i reach in my pocket and nothing haha. So that is what i definately miss a lot is being able to have instant communication with friends and family but instead i have to wait for letters and then send them which takes so long, and will be even longer in Brazil! However, i can honestly say i have yet to miss facebook it took up so much time of my life that wasnt needed, and now i can spend that time reading the Book of Mormon or Preach My Gospel which are so amazing, i look forward each day to having that time to read through them. They are so powerful, i know that anyone who reads the Book of Mormon with real intent and prays for a confirmation that it is true doctrine of Christ. I love this gospel so much and i love it more and more each day. I know it brings happiness to my life and i wouldn't be the same without it. My sister wanted me to bear my testimony in portuguese so most of you won't know what it means but hear goes:
Eu sei que o Livro de Mormon e verdadeire. Eu sei que Deus viver. Eu sei que nos sabemos Deus filhos. Eu sei que Jesus Cristo e nos Salvador. Eu sei que o evangelho e verdadeire. Eu sei que nos falamos com nosso Pai Celestial por meio de oracao e Teu resposta. Eu sei que Thomas S Monson e o profeta e Joseph Smith restaudo o evangelho em na Terra.
There are a ton of missing accent marks because i don't know how to do them on the computer and theres probably some grammer errors in there, but hey i've only been here a week and a half :)
Eu te amo tudo! (I love you all!)
Elder Gleason
Write me!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment