Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11, 2013

Well this week we were supposed to have the baptism of the guy that stopped us in the car, Luan, but we ended up moving it to next week because this week was Carnaval and there were pretty much no members at church. During Carnaval all the youth go camping along with pretty much all the leaders as well. And all the Single Adults have a camping place as well so it was empty this week. But he was already interviewed and passed and is really excited for the baptism next week, he's even going to make a Facebook event about it. Yesterday we ate lunch with him and his family. His mom, who is really catholic, asked if there was a problem with him being baptized and we didn't even have to respond, he responded for us and said to her "I'm not being baptized again, I'm being baptized in the right way". It was crazy. I looked to Elder Ahmed with a shocked face, thats for sure haha.
Also this week we did a division with Morro Doce and I went there and in English, morro means hill. Yeah the area is full of hills. And as we were walking down a staircase made of mud after just raining I slipped and fell, as it shows in the picture. I was talking to Elder Ahmed on the phone because he just had to talk to me in that moment and I wasn;t paying attention as much as I should have been and boom fell and got extremely muddy. It was pretty funny not gonna lie, and luckily I didn't get hurt whatsoever, just really dirty. We got lucky and we were close by a members house where I went and cleaned up and they gave me a different shirt to wear.
Also this week I got my "trunky letter" which comes when you have 6 months left on the mission asking about what airport and stuff like that. It was pretty weird to get after seeing so many other missionaries get them during my mission. The time is passing by really quickly.

Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason

P.S. 3 Nep 26:5-6, 9-10; 27:5-9 and Isa 1:16-18; 5:20-23; 7:11-12
 
 The zone from last transfer
 J.R. and a turkey. He had never seen one as a pet before
J.R. after he slipped in the mud. He said, "Not the funnest thing that has ever happened."

No comments:

Post a Comment