Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 7, 2013

Well this week was another good one, a little crazy with new years but it was good and ended even better. On new years night we went to a members house and ate a big dinner and had a lot of fun talking and joking around. But the worst part was midnight. As a missionary I really don't care about fireworks or any of that kinda stuff that happens. So I went to sleep as normal at about 1030 and it was tough just to get to sleep, then the worst part was when it hit midnight a million and a half fireworks went off literally right behind our house, I was going nuts. It was so loud and annoying and I just wanted to go to sleep. While Elder Ahmed woke up and took videos, I rolled around screaming in the bed, screaming for them to stop haha. I wasn't so happy thats for sure. So I didn't get much sleep that night which just made it worse the next day being extremely tired. However on my birthday things went well and at night we had a small family home evening with a member family and the lady that we baptized last week, Simone, and her family. It was great! And at the end they had a "surprise" birthday cake for me. So I didn't go without cake on my bday. And now I'm the big old 2-1. I also got 2 ties for presents from a couple members here and for some reason my companion got ties as well.
So the week ended greatly with the baptism of Riva. The area has now baptized 5 weeks straight and me and Elder Ahmed 3 weeks straight. And we have no doubt that all the 3 weeks were miracles and blessings from the Lord. Riva is an awesome old lady who is single without kids and treats us so well. She's our grandma here on the mission for sure. This week we helped her to give up smoking and now she has been baptized and confirmed. I had the privilege to confirm her and give her the gift of the Holy Ghost. Also next week we already have a firm baptism date with a young man named Carlos who yesterday showed up to church in a full blown suit that he bought just for church. It was awesome! And he's already thinking and seeing how it would work for him to serve a mission. The Lord is truly blessing us New Yorkers here in Jaraguá!

Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason

P.S. 3 Nephi 14:11, 14, 21-23 and Proverbs 1:7; 3:5-6; 4:18; 8:17
 Riva's baptism on January 5th
 J.R.'s birthday cake for his 21st birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment