Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 24, 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Well I was transfered this last week like I was expecting and now I am in Jaraguá, almost in the middle of the jungle haha and back to the good ol hills. Man that was the real good thing about Itu,  everything was flat and the highest hill was a speed bump haha. But now I'm back to climbing hills all the time and I definately didn't miss it. But so my new companion is Elder Ahmed, an American! But he's got about 30 nationalities.. jk. But he´s from..... (drum roll) NEW YORK! We are the only missionaries in the Sao Paulo North mission from the state of New York and now we are companions, its pretty sweet. I actually knew him from when I was back in Guapira because he was in the same zone for 4 months as me, and now we´re companions here in Jaraguá. I was pretty shocked when I got the phone call last Monday about the transfers. We always joked saying we would be companions since we're the only 2 New Yorkers and now we really are, its pretty sick. So thats the transfers news.
So the area I'm in, like I said, is full of hills but its also a really good area thats starting to get better and has been baptizing a lot recently. And yesterday we baptized a young man named Gabriel who's 12 years old. He's a really awesome kid, some of his family members were baptized recently and he went to church last week and decided he wanted to be baptized. I can't send any pictures though today because the Lan House we're at is really crappy because everywhere is closed since its christmas eve today. But next week I'll send the pictures. We also have baptisms coming up in these next few weeks as well. Were really excited for whats happening here.
So leaving Itu was tough but good at the same time. I really enjoyed the 4 months that I spent there and I met some wonderful people in my time as well. The lady Elder Messias and I baptized with her son a few weeks back is so awesome. When I went by to say goodbye I don't know how many times she said thank you for all you've done. And she said that at the next testimony meeting at church she was going to go up and bear her testimony!
Well tomorrow is Christmas and I'm not sure how its already here, but it is. I can't wait to see the fam tomorrow and especially my dads beard! Yesssss. But Merry Christmas to everybody!
Eu Te Amo
Elder Gleason
P.S. 3 Nephi 11 and Psalms 118:8; 119:71-72, 105
 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Elder Gleason!

No comments:

Post a Comment