Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 9, 2012

Well I'm sure everybody is just dying to hear what happened with me this transfer. Well I am still in Guapira! I will be here most likely for another 3 months as well, not positive but it is likely because I am also training a new missionary and training is usually 3 months! So my new companion is Elder Vazquez and he´s from Paraguay! I have no idea how an american is supposed to teach portuguese to someone who speaks spanish but I'm doing the best I can to help him with the language haha. It is definately a new experience. But he is super awesome and hes learning really fast how to be a fantastic missionary. Also this transfer I am now District Leader and am over 3 other companionships not including my own area. So now I will do baptismal interviews and divisions in other areas. Woohoo!! It will be the first time that I'll finally leave my area. In my 10 months on the mission I have yet to leave my actual area, my companion has always left and I've had to stay. But its going to be a lot of fun being district leader and I'll even give trainings now every tuesday at district meetings. I must be doin something right.. haha
As for the week it was a decent one and we were able to find some really good families and we´re working hard to find a lot more. We are going to do some great work here together and I'm really excited. Hopefully I do a well enough job training him because it will be how his mission goes from here on out. So we´ve been doing tons of practices just during our study time to help him get used to teaching lessons and doing contacts. As for Elder Alexandre he is now in a different zone with another american that has a little more time than us on the mission. I did my best to help him change his mission around and I just hope that I had some kind of effect on him to change for the better. It was definately a tough 11 weeks with him but I also learned a ton and learned how to be a better missionary and to work hard.
Also last Sunday I basically had said bye to all the members here and they were all like sad and saying that I needed to go by before I left so it was a nice surprise to them when I was still there this Sunday. A couple members even asked me if I was now a member of their ward and if they could give me a calling. Good thing I love this ward and the people here or else it would be tough to stay here even longer. But theres not too much new stuff this week besides that.
Eu Te Amo!
Elder Gleason

P.S. 1 Kings 8:23, 60-61 and Mosiah 26:18,27; 27:31

No comments:

Post a Comment